TOP MOVIES 2012
1. Zero Dark Thirty - Establishes Kathryn Bigelow as one of the greatest current directors.
2. Looper - The year's most rewatchable film.
3. American Reunion - Vastly underrated sum-up to a poorly tarnished series.
4. That's My Boy - Adam Sandler's ridiculously funny return to form.
5. Snow White and the Huntsman - Visually stunning, with excellent storytelling and performances.
6. Marvel's The Avengers - A knockout culmination of a remarkable master plan in character design.
7. Moonrise Kingdom - Heartbreaking and magical.
8. Argo - Exciting storytelling and relatable performances.
9. This is 40 - A soulful and funny rumination on middle age.
10. Flight - Fantastic crash effects and a searing performance from Denzel Washington.
FOLLOWED BY, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER: The Master, Hitchcock, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
WORST MOVIE OF '12: Girl in Progress
TOP GAMES 12
1. The Walking Dead - Episodic storytelling at its best.
2. Journey - An anti-game, really. Haunting and elegaic.
3. Retro City Rampage - A mesmerizing and joyfully haphazard celebration of all awesome things from ancient gamedom.
4. Double Dragon Neon - A mocking yet somehow respectful tribute to the greatest brawlers.
5. ZombiU - Survival horror done right, proving the Wii U's potential
6. Xenoblade Chronicles - Looks way too beautiful for a Wii game. It's also a groundbreaking RPG on several levels.
7. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - Ports a PC RPG dynamo to consoles without hiccups.
8. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - Just like No. 7. Ethereal and imagination stimulation.
9. Trials Evolution - Endlessly replayable and mechanically impeccable.
10. Max Payne 3 - Fantastic revival of a severely dated shooter concept.
FOLLOWED BY, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER: New Super Mario Bros. 2, LittleBigPlanet Vita, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Assassin's Creed III, Nintendo Land, Persona 4 Golden, Far Cry 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, Dishonored