1. Mario Kart 7 -- I guarantee you this will destroy my thumbs from overuse. Absolute perfection.
2. Uncharted 3 -- If I ever have another son I am going to try to name him Drake. Probably won't succeed, but will sure try.
3. Portal 2 -- I am so proud of myself for beating this without using a walkthrough, which is the opposite of how I beat the first one.
4. L.A. Noire -- It's a shame the studio that did this game closed down. Fantastic detective yarn.
5. Batman: Arkham City -- I think this game was made by Batman himself, based on actual footage of his daily life.
6. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- If you don't think you're an evil person, play this to prove to yourself that you really do enjoy slaughtering innocent villagers with magic spells.
7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword -- Looks ugly, but proves that the Wii is still worthwhile. Probably the most innovatively designed Zelda in a decade.
8. Super Mario 3D Land -- Along with Mario Kart 7, makes the 3DS a must-own.
9. NBA Jam: On Fire Edition -- Way better than last year's release, which was frikkin' fantastic itself.
10.Marvel vs. Capcom 3 -- The fighter so nice it came out twice in 2011. Buy the second version, which lets you play as Galactus.
Honorable mentions: You Don't Know Jack, Gears of War 3, Dark Souls, LittleBigPlanet 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mortal Kombat, Professor Layton and the Last Specter